Thursday, January 03, 2008

Tubing!

I may be a little advanced in years for my first time tubing but, when it was suggested, I got on board. That's me in the top two images. On the left, I was getting ready to take a photo. In the right, I was finishing a run down the hill, rushing by at nearly forty miles per hour.

There were at least three cameras on site. One took video of a run down the hill!

The middle images show the much appreciated lift that towed us back to the top of the hill. Promotional materials listed the hill as fifteen stories tall! Talking with on of the operators on site, I learned that the descent is about six hundred feet in length with another six hundred feet of level run off to allow us to come to a stop. It was certainly handy to have the space by the time we got to the bottom, especially when going tandem!

No comments: