Sunday, January 14, 2007

Playoffs and Poker

Saturday afternoon, I was invited to share in the celebration of Kevin's fantasy football league. A good number of faces familiar from past events were there and a few new people were met for the first time. The party coincided with the Colts - Ravens playoff game so that gave me a good chance to support my brother's underdog Colts. It wasn't pretty but the Colts did win a battle of field goals.

After that game, we sat down to play some cards. Some of the players don't play often so there were some interesting plays and startling moves. It didn't take too long for most of the table to be familiar faces. One new guy was having pretty good success and it wasn't long before my chips were his.

It was an afternoon well spent and I was soon heading home.

No comments: