Saturday, May 26, 2007

Friday Construction Photo #6

Progress is being made but it's largely where you don't notice it much. If you look closely a little right of center in the photo, you can see a white cement mixer. To the right of that mixer, there are several men in yellow and orange vests around a shallow hole. Next to the men is a stack of carefully crafted reinforcing rod blocks that would fit nicely into the hole. Hmmm... Looks to me like the holes are about where those orange squares were located a week or two ago; like they've dug up the dirt around the tops of those undergrown concrete pillars. I think that this week, they're putting reinforced concrete tops on those pillars. That would seem likely to produce a nice footing upon which to build a building... or hide Jimmy Hoffa!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has come to my attention that this is my 200th post to this blog. For something that was originally intended to only last a month, it's become something else entirely. I know that it's mostly read by a pretty tight circle; you're who I write it for. Thanks for reading. It's a lot of fun writing. One of the unexpected effects has been that I'm more likely to go do things and document it in image and word. It's led me to new experiences and the pleasure of sharing them. I think I'll go a while longer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.