Monday, June 18, 2007

Checking out the HyVee Triathlon... Elite Teen Divisions

Saturday, Linda and I went to Gray's Lake to check out the start of the teen divisions of the HyVee World Cup Triathlon. Before we were done, we'd walked the bulk of the course and seen some kids press on through the temptation to just call it a day.

Temperatures were around ninety and there was limited air flow. At one point during our walk, Linda and I paused under an underpass to catch some shade and enjoy the breeze; it reminded me of the breeze that always seemed to be present in the a middle of corn crib.

There weren't a lot of fans lining the course for these kids so we had great access to about anywhere we wanted to go. When all was said and done, we caught the shuttle back to the lake. One of the young competitors was directly across from me on the bus and his eyelids were sagging; I'm guessing he slept well.

No comments: