Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas with Wartburg

Linda and I opened the Christmas season with an evening at the Civic Center of Greater Des Moines to enjoy the Christmas with Wartburg show. Linda has connections with Wartburg College and has made the Christmas concert part of her tradition. Of course, my connections with Linda now make it part of my tradition as well.

The choir and orchestra were both on stage and performed in various combinations throughout the evening. On two occasions, the audience was invited to join in with a couple of familiar carols; I think we did alright.

One particular treat was when Simon Estes was featured. For many years now, Des Moines has had an amphitheatre named for the Centerville native. While there have been occasions to have heard him before, I hadn't before this show.

No comments: