Sunday, December 09, 2007

Giving Thanks

This year, the kids arrived Wednesday evening with their friends to spend Thanksgiving. Linda was over to spend time with everyone as they arrived before heading north to spend time with her family. The weather was a chilly and snowy so I prepared a pot of soup that was well received. I'd also used my bread maker to prepare a loaf of herb bread that was also a tasty hit. We settled in to chat and enjoy a variety of snack items.

Thursday morning, I awoke to the smell of fresh baked cinnamon raisin bread that had baked overnight; nice. I heated up the tea kettle and got started on the turkey. One by one, the kids wandered out to have a cup, pitch in from time to time, and generally just be.

Everything went surprisingly well ... until I got to the point where I needed to get the turkey out of the roaster; when I lifted the bird, the legs fell off. So much for presentation! Oh well, it still tasted good. Everyone had a good meal with good company and had a moment to appreciate the opportunity.

Soon all were headed off to other family opportunities or to be sure to get home safely. It was a good Thanksgiving.

No comments: