Friday, July 18, 2008

Giving my daughter's hand in Marriage

What a day! My daughter's wedding day! Linda and I headed over to the park she'd chosen for the ceremony allowing time for the unexpected; it showed up in the form of a river out of its banks. Fortunately, we were there in time to contribute to the final preparations, like cutting watermelon, fetching water, etc. It was a beautiful setting and nearly perfect weather. Soon, I was walking my daughter down the aisle. Fortunately, Linda got the shot of the couple as they were exchanging their vows; I was caught up in the moment. The reception was comfortable and fun as people congratulated the happy couple, chatted, danced a little, and just generally had a nice time with one another. The image in the upper right is of an aunt of the bride releasing a dozen little goldfish that had been in the centerpieces on the tables. The bottom frame is us climbing back up the hill from that effort. All in all, it was a beautiful day.

No comments: