Monday, September 22, 2008

Going for a walk with my camera at the Neal Smith Wildlife Refuge

This is a great time of year to be out and about and the Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge is a great place to be. Given a free afternoon and a new camera to experiment with, it was a natural fit. You may be able to see in the photo that I wasn't the only one who though it a nice day for a walk in the tall grass prairie. Off in the distance, in the very center of the picture, you can see some of the buffalo herd resting and grazing quietly near the fence. Yes, gratefully, there's a fence.
As I made my way around the trail, there were several nice images. Here are a few that I actually captured. Of course, shots of bees on flowers caught my eye and, with the long telephoto lens, I could get a very close up image without getting all that close to the pointy end.

No comments: