Saturday, December 23, 2006

Friday Night Lights

Late yesterday, there was moisture in the air and, learning from a photo Linda caught on a rainy evening, I thought there could be some great images of Christmas lights reflecting off of wet surfaces. Unfortunately, by the time I got out to take the shots, things were dry again. Oh well... I hope you enjoy the collage of images I did collect last evening.

I started in downtown Des Moines and moved west along Grand Avenue. The westernmost image was a the West Des Moines File and EMS center #17 on Railroad. The fire station does a great job of decorating their dog statues for various significant dates ranging from the traditional holidays to back to school shopping season.

Yes, there is an image of Santa's sleigh being pulled by pink flamingoes. It certainly deserves some mention and inclusion in this year's collection.

No comments: