Friday, April 20, 2007

Stayin' up late...


Today, I was looking around and saw a VERY big crane and knew I needed to get a shot or two of that. This brute was too big to really get in one shot and generally was set up against a poor background. Eventually, I did get the nice photo you see at the right of a portion of a bright red crane against a nice Midwestern blue sky. As I looked at the image tonight, I started thinking about an image my son had made by channel splitting a photo of a rail yard. That looked interesting... and my daffodils hadn't really exercised the demons of curiosity so I tried again.

I split the image a few different ways, played with the splits, and put them back together. All I got was blurry versions of my original image. I did rather like the striking black and white split images and I started tossing them around. When I colored the channels according to their Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and blacK origins, it was appealing. I decided the best way to present these images was simply as the set of four as you see here.

No comments: