Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Playing with my camera

After talking with one of the pros at Photography Day at Living History Farms, I felt I might have a better understanding of how to do some macro photography, some very close up photography. Okay, it's probably the craft of taking a very close up picture at the moment; the art of very close up photography may come with experience. Anyway, I just tried taking shots of just about anything that was near me at the moment over the rest of the afternoon / evening. I started with the hem of my jeans. Lucky for me (and you I guess), Linda had a big jar of marbles nearby and I got to move them around to see how to focus on one or to see how the light played through them. As you can see, I thought they were more interesting that the denim.

I like the way that these photos turned out so I'm feeling pretty confident with this new skill. It seems likely that there will be more examples of this kind of shot over time now.

No comments: