Friday, June 06, 2008

Starting our day at the Waffle House

When I'm in the land of the Waffle House, I try to make it a point to enjoy their delicious offerings. This time, I had a nice omelet, hash browns, with a great piece of "country bacon" that I would have called a ham steak; it was yummy! Linda enjoyed a beautiful plate of pecan waffles.

On our way in, we passed a luxury sedan with a plate that had lettering that seemed to be short for governor. When we got inside, there was a rather distinguished looking older gentleman at one of the booths. I don't know if that was a former governor but it was fun speculating what he'd be doing at the Waffle House.

We'd selected a booth by the windows and, as I looked out at the parking lot, I saw this license plate (with an actual number that I've painted out.) In Iowa, you can get a license plate with the logo of a school but, so far, I've only seen schools in Iowa. It was odd to me to see a North Carolina logo on a Virginia plate!

No comments: