Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Monday Night Walk

Monday night, Linda and I took a walk along the start and finish segments of the upcoming half marathon. We (I) started out slow but got up to and sustained a nice pace. The weather was great and the walk revealed no new problems to prepare for.

I think I've now walked just about the complete course at one time or another during this training. The only missing area is between Fleur Drive and where I started / finished in Water Works Park over the weekend, certainly less than a mile of normal road surface.

My feet and ankles were still a bit tender from the Saturday walk but didn't present any new problems. They'll be getting a couple days to complete their recovery before the longer walk I'm planning for this weekend.

I'm not sure I could finish the walk today without some pretty serious discomfort but I'm confident that I'd finish. It's now time to work so that I'll feel okay after the walk.

After the walk I watched some of the Monday Night Football game. While the New Orleans Saints are hitting on all cylinders, it's going to be a long time before the city is fully recovered. There was no shortage of pleas to come visit New Orleans, spend dollars here. I'm glad I visited before the devastation.

No comments: