Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pizza... and a movie!

After our regular pizza dinner, this evening Joel and I headed over to see the World War I movie, Flyboys. Though somewhat predictable, this action feature never lost my interest. There were several tried and true characters and stories brought together with some very good airborne footage and the occasional twist. I'm guessing that the vast majority of the flight sequences were computer generated but it wasn't distracting; much like the launch footage from Apollo 13 from overhead, no way could a camera be there but it was a great shot and helped convey the feeling. I took a look at what my favorite movie website had to say and people were generally favorably impressed, especially the costuming and the action sequences. Evidently, a number of historical inaccuracies were shown but the film met my expectation as entertainment.

No comments: