Sunday, March 11, 2007

Midnight Run

Friday night, Linda came over and joined me in watching Midnight Run, a personal favorite. Robert De Niro plays a bounty hunter and Charles Grodin his captive on a trip from New York to Los Angeles where Grodin's character is to testify against a gangland figure. Along the way, largely thanks to Grodin's endless pointed questions and observations, they learn a great deal about one another and De Niro's character faces some of his own personal history. The script is quick and has kept me entertained for several viewings. The language that the bounty hunter uses may be a bit much for some but I can accept that of the character. On balance, the show is certainly worth it for me.

For those thinking this might have been about Turkish prison, that's Midnight Express... completely different story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Midnight Run" is a great, underappreciated movie. I've been meaning to check it out again.