Saturday, March 03, 2007

NASCAR League Team Change

Well, another weekend is upon us and that means another NASCAR event. Today, I caught word that Juan Pablo Montoya (J.P.) will be starting third in the NASCAR Busch series race in Mexico City. That race is a road course race, something that I'd kind of thought that he could do well given his Formula 1 experience. The question was how would he translate that to the heavier "taxicabs" of NASCAR. That question appears to have been answered. My main reason for picking up the veteran Ricky Rudd had been for his road course capabilities; he's one of the best. With Mr. Montoya showing his abilities, I've had to rethink my selection and have come to the conclusion that I could go with the Texaco/Havoline Dodge on my team. I now have the 5, 31, 42, and 48 cars in my stable of drivers. I think that J.P. has potential to be a bigger hit on the circuit this year than Ricky; certainly more in the years yet to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This move seemed to work out for you!

Dale said...

I didn't get any points for the Mexico City race but, wow, did he show me something! He'll do fine...