Monday, July 30, 2007

Finding Esther Hall, another Des Moines Landmark

"A highlight of the structure is the fact that it is important in development of educational institutions for women and for its place in the development of charitable and social services." - Meeting minutes City of Des Moines Landmark Review Board, April 06, 2004

While it may have an important history, this building isn't all that easy to find and, contrary to my idea of a landmark, nobody I spoke with knew where it would be found.

I am glad steps have been taken to maintain it and that it will continue to exist in our community.

1 comment:

Karol said...

I lived at Esther Hall in 1962. It was at 921 Pleasant. I was going to AIB. It was across the street from the KRNT theater. There was a huge Methodist Church next to it.