Monday, July 30, 2007

Locating the Lexington Apartments, Des Moines Landmark

Located in the middle of the Sherman Hill District, this apartment building is another interesting choice for landmark. While I'm sure there is history to the structure, it's not readily found on the web... sort of like the building itself. Without the address in hand, I don't think I'd have recognized it as a significant structure among all the other historic buildings in the area. It is somewhat recognizable and I think that I've seen it featured on the cover of local publications and in some photography of Des Moines but, if I'd not known it was "famous," I doubt I'd have taken this photo. I guess I'm contributing to its celebrity status. Please respect its privacy and not all rush up there all at the same time. ; )

No comments: