Friday, July 06, 2007

Returning to the Waveland Cafe for pancakes

Remember when Linda and I stopped at the Waveland a week or so ago? I think I mentioned that they were known in some quarters for their apple cinnamon pancakes the size of dinner plates... well here they are, before and after. Our waitress advised starting at the center and working outward from there to keep the syrup under control; it was good counsel. Normally one who can clean up a dinner plate of food, I found myself slowing to a crawl having completed only half of my order. Older, wiser (yeah, right!), and filled to capacity, I did call it quits after making one cut to the outer edge. Yes, the pancake was quite tasty. The bits of cooked apple were about the size of blueberries and the cinnamon was present but not overpowering; a very nice breakfast choice.

No comments: