Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Cribbage!

Travel plans opened a seat and I was once again at the cribbage table. This evening, for the pre-game meal, Jeff prepared some rather large and very tasty chicken burritos. A little spicy for some of my family, these saucy rascals were an excellent change of pace from my leftover turkey sandwiches; not that there's anything wrong with leftover turkey... it's just nice to have something else.

Unlike the last couple of times I sat in, I received several hands that scored in double digits. I was partnered with Jeff's co-worker and we were pegging well and generally scoring well from our hand and the crib! We did record a few two point hands but not nearly as many as our host and his father. (Jeff keeps select statistics on the games; the person with the most two point hands for the night chooses the color of the deck the following week.)

My partner had received a very unusual crib with all four kings, good for a dozen points (I think.) For each of the players at the table to have been dealt a king and decide it was the card to throw to the crib was considered very odd by all.

Eventually, we did lose two games but the dynasty was confirmed as my team won The Championship Game for the third time in a row! : )

No comments: