Saturday, November 04, 2006

Wednesday Night Gaming

Two guys that I work with have been playing a World War II combat game online for a while now. I picked up the game a couple of weeks ago and, unbeknownst to this blog, had been working at learning to play well enough to be a contributing player with them. Unfortunately, while I gained familiarity with the game and confidence in my play, our three schedules had not allowed us to play together. (Notice past tense...) Wednesday night, that changed.

After a few minutes of work on getting the common voice channel open and operating for all of us, we were set. Our game was not up to what any of us would have hoped but we still won. After first contact in the first game, I felt a bit overwhelmed at the chaos. In the end we somehow won the battle. The following game was a bit more manageable and we were more convincing winners. We'll be working on this from time to time in the days ahead.

No comments: