Sunday, November 05, 2006

Friday

Thursday, Linda had suggested that we talk a longer walk, something over four miles, after work Friday. The weather was going to be nice and she was going to be able to leave work earlier than usual. I scheduled an early departure myself and met Linda at a trail she'd not yet walked. She'd commented that a walk in a more wooded area would be interesting and I knew of such a place. As you can see in the photo, the leaves are pretty well gone. We had a nice walk of something around five miles and saw some new ground; a little variety helps the miles go by.

After my walk with Linda, I hustled around to get over to join up with Bill and Jeff to head north for some cards at Ern's. This evening, nine of us sat down to play some Texas Hold 'em. I did alright with the opportunities I recognized but, in general, it just wasn't there. Fortunately, the company was better than my cards so I still had a nice time. Around two o'clock, I was home and ready for a good nights sleep.

No comments: