Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Poker

Monday night, Kevin hosted the game and a good group of friends and players sat down to try our luck at Texas Hold 'em. With the Panthers and Buccaneers (NFL variety) playing in the background, the talk was fast but the play was slow. From time to time, I caught something interesting but, whenever I played it out, my opponents were just enough better.

Soon, I was out of the game and talking hockey with a new player at the game. Originally from Canada, he was very familiar with players who'd come up through various organizations... like our Iowa Stars. Though he'd played, he wasn't familiar with the USHL spectator experience. You may have guessed, I shared some of my enthusiasm for our Bucs hockey team. When I mentioned that the actors who'd played the Hanson brothers in the movie classic Slap Shot, he quoted a few lines and we all had a good laugh.

The play slowed down so I called it a night and excused myself. I'll be back!

No comments: