Sunday, October 21, 2007

Carving Pumpkins

Tuesday evening, I went over to Linda's to carve a pumpkin. After our visit to Howell's Greenhouse, she thought it would be fun to carve a couple of jack-o-lanterns for Halloween. I liked the idea but wasn't quite sure what kind of face to carve. Before I could carve a face, I had to clean out the innards. I mused a bit while we worked on getting the slimy bits and seeds out of our respective lanterns to be.

I joked about making a cat face and then got a bit serious about it. A cat face isn't too hard to do. I got started and, after getting the nose, whiskers, and mouth (complete with fangs) done, I did one eye. It was about then that I realized that eyes are often the hardest things to get right. I remembered the pirate cat at the Heritage Carousel and gave my cat a patch. A pirate cat would be an excellent jack-o-lantern face! Later we lit them and set them out to light the night. They were excellent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Nice eye patch.