Sunday, October 21, 2007

Playing with my camera: Water Works Park

Friday, after getting the Friday Construction Photo, I stopped by Water Works Park to see if the trees were colorful. When I got there, I found a few other images that were pretty striking. I'm guessing that my dad isn't too thrilled to see milkweed going to seed or a thistle in bloom but they do make some nice pictures. Maybe some day they'll find a cure for something in those weeds and we'll be glad there were still some around.

I did find some colorful leaves. While it's kind of hard to really convey the impact of a colorful plant but I'll keep trying. There are a couple of trees at the park that I've seen now a few years running and they always seem to have great color at some point in the season. Fortunately, I think I was there around the best time for them this year.

After checking out the trees, I visited a flower bed in the arboretum and found some colorful remnants of summer. These may actually be fall blossoming plants for all I know. It wouldn't be the first time that I was way off base with the decorative varieties. Show me corn or soybeans and I have a better feel for what's normal and what's not.

No comments: