Saturday, October 06, 2007

Cheering the Bulldogs

Saturday afternoon, Linda and I saw the Bulldogs get back on the winning track with a 48-20 win over Valparaiso. Senior Scott Phaydavong rushed for 133 yards and three touchdowns as the 'dawgs rolled over the Crusaders. Drake also had their passing game going as all three Drake starting receivers -- Travis Hardgraves, Zach Brower and Augustine Agyei -- caught touchdown passes. On top of all that, Logan Rees, Drake junior, kicked the longest two field goals of his career from 45 and 40 yards; it was a breezy day so that probably helped. On top of all of that, the band performed at half time! It was the same show they'd done a week before ... but they performed!

The image I chose with the photographer in it continues something of a theme for me: photos of people taking photos. Several years ago, I took a shot with my mom in the foreground taking a picture of my father and son on a tractor. I liked it and have continued to snap that shot when it's available.

No comments: