Saturday, March 07, 2009

Learning at Camera Day at Living History Farms

Ashley joined Linda and me at camera day at Living History Farms. Last year, Linda and I went and heard a lot of good ideas to try to work into our photography. Having made some progress, and with Ashley's interest in photography, it only made sense we go back to see what we could learn for this year. The setting is rich in opportunities to take a variety of interesting shots.
We ran into a photographer couple and got to discuss some of the challenges we're encountered. The man of the couple is in the lower right photo working a shot with Ashley. Both of his arms are COVERED with tattoos of cameras he's used and images produced with those cameras. While not big fans of tattoos, Linda and I both were impressed with the art.
As always, the various tools and equipment of the farm make for fun shots for me. Many of these pieces would be found on many farms today.

Of course, the livestock also provide some pretty fun shots. My favorite is the shot through the chicken wire. In the past, I'd have had a nice shot of chicken wire and a fuzzy shot of the chicken behind; I prefer this image.

No comments: