Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chilly Walk

A chill wind was blowing and the low clouds made me question whether going for a walk this evening was such a good idea. I'd thought I needed to get out for a four mile spin yet this week, preferably tonight. I couldn't let it get much later in the week before I'd become concerned about the recovery time before the big walk. I put on some of my cold weather gear and had a pretty decent time of it. Designed to produce a dead air space around my body and wick away moisture, this gear works! I walked the four and one-half mile loop at Water Works Park in a little over an hour and saw preparations for the marathon and / or winter. The speed bumps are gone and some of the potholes have been patched. I'm sure the additional portapotties are for the marathon.

No comments: