Friday, October 27, 2006

I wore green...

I didn't think to look to see the color of the team visiting KGGO Arena tonight. When I presented my ticket, the ticket taker went a bit out of her way wish me an enjoyable evening... apparently seeing my green jacket and concluding that I was one of the Cedar Rapids faithful. Fortunately, I was able to take off my jacket and stash it on the bench beside me.

When I arrived, Bill was already in our section and enjoying the atmosphere of the place. As the pregame announcements were being made, he commented that it had already been an evening with a stepped up intensity.

This evening, the Bucs had their Halloween costume night and the turnout was pretty good. More than a dozen of those in costumes went out onto the ice between the second and third periods to compete for prizes. There were probably as many adults as children but the kids were more creative; most of the adults were in pirate (buccaneer) costumes. My disguise as a Cedar Rapids RoughRiders fan wasn't going to win so I stayed in the stands.

The Bucs scored on several of their power plays and twice killed off pentalties that put them two men down. To their credit, Cedar Rapids stayed in the game and closed to within one in the final minutes. The final score of 7-6 may look a little closer than the game was but, in the end, the RoughRiders were within striking distance as time was running out. Since the Bucs won and scored at least six goals, a local donut shop will give out half a dozen donuts to each ticketholder in the morning. I don't think I'll take the drive for the donuts but it is a nice promotion.

No comments: