Sunday, October 01, 2006

My body is revolting!

Okay... some of you may be saying "Duh!" but let me explain. It's actually my shins that are revolting; the rest of my body is simply sympathetic to the cause.

This morning, I walked somewhere between eight and nine miles and felt good as I decided to call it a morning; another mile or two would have been ideal but I underestimated the first segment of my walk. My shins burned fiercely for a couple of miles early, enough that I seriously considered calling the whole thing off. At the one hour mark, the burning in my shins was gone but my toes were feeling it. After another mile or two, the pains all went away and, finally, I was cruising. This morning was a good reminder that I can work through it and get to the finish. With two weeks to go, I'm looking forward to the race.

No comments: