Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm seein' red...

There was more red in the stands for last night's World Series game than at most NASCAR races... and that's sayin' somethin'.

After a successful and entertaining gaming session Thursday night, I turned on the television in time to see most of the bottom of the seventh inning of game four. The pitcher for the Tigers promptly put his team in the records books by making the fourth error by one pitching staff in one World Series. It also pulled the Cardinals even with the Tigers on the scoreboard.

As I continued to watch, I really found a better appreciation for the camera work and production team at Fox. Their images of the game and individuals in the crowd really conveyed the tension and excitement of the game. They showed timely glimpses of fans hoping, praying, and cheering their team on; it was an excellent job of telling the story around the story. I wonder how much of the story would have been apparent with the sound turned off.

It was a great night to be a Cardinal fan as their team rallied for the win, 5-4, putting the Tigers behind 3-1. Being a Cub fan, I'm not thrilled to see this happen but respect the work.

No comments: