Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Service

Not our pizza orderI headed up to Joel's for our weekly pizza last night. On my way, I stopped at my "regular" gas station. Every Wednesday for last few months, if I needed gasoline, I'd been stopping at this gas station to buy fifteen dollars worth of gas and five dollars of PowerBall. It got to the point that, when the girl at the register saw me at the pump, she'd set the pump to stop at fifteen and print up the lottery ticket; that's service! Now that our weekly outting has moved to Tuesday, I thought I'd probably better stop in to start the training even though I didn't have room for fifteen dollars in gas. I pulled up to the pump, put in eleven-fifty and went in to pay.

"It's not Wednesday... and that's not fifteen dollars in gas." My Powerball ticket was on the counter. She works Tuesdays as well! I explained that it was all the car would take and that I'd now be showing up on Tuesdays... at least for a while.

Joel and I went to our regular pizza spot and when we were seated in our traditional location, the server brought the table service and menus. Hmmm... "We won't be needing menus."

"Ah... it's you guys," said our server with a smile. "Large sausage and pepperoni? Anything to drink?"

"I'll have a Pepsi," said Joel.

"So you'll have the Mountain Dew?" she asked me.

"Yep." It's nice to find good service.

We enjoyed our dinner and headed back to Joel's to chat with Marlene and let him prepare for work.

No comments: